As guys, our shower routines can look a lot like a military-style drill. Even if you don’t care to put some extra TLC into your shower routine, you can incorporate products that will keep your skin moisturized and looking better with a simple switch from bar soap.
There are a lot of body wash options out there. – so many that they take up an entire aisle at the grocery store! The problem with most body washes is that they are filled with chemicals, harmful fragrances, and “filler” ingredients. These kinds of ingredients cause skin irritation, redness, and even body acne.
If you’re struggling with body acne, irritation, redness, and dry skin after the shower – it’s time you make a switch to an all-natural, nourishing body wash specifically formulated for men.
Why Bar Soap is a Big Flop
Many of you may be still using that bar soap from middle school, and we’re here to help you see that a better option exists. There are a lot of benefits to using bar soap - including the fact that it’s environmentally friendly due to the lack of plastic packaging.
However, bar soap carries loads of bacteria and soap scum on it. Especially if that bar soap is sitting in your shower for months on end, using it can cause body acne, skin reactions, and dry out your skin barrier.
Furthermore, bar soap cannot usually prevent body odor from occurring throughout the day. Because it’s made from the most natural, yet rudimentary ingredients, it doesn’t have the odor-fighting capabilities as body washes designed for men’s sweat and oil.
Why You Need a Body Wash for Men
It’s a fair question; especially if you have never experienced any issues using bar soap or drugstore body wash.
However, men’s body washes have ingredients that can do double duty; moisturize your skin while helping it look and feel better.
A body wash formulated specifically for men should do the 2 following things:
- Cleanse the day’s muck off. This means oil, bacteria, dirt, sweat, and generally any pollutants that came into contact with your body throughout the day or night.
- Moisturize and nourish the skin to keep it glowing. This means a protective layer will be formed on the skin barrier, helping fight free radicals and future pollutants from interfering with the pores - which can cause the dreaded body acne.
The 5 Best Body Washes for Men
Whether you prefer night or morning showers, or you have dry or oily skin, we’ve got the top 5 best ingredients for body washes for men.
These all-natural ingredients were selected to not only cleanse and purify the body for a shower routine, but also nourish, protect, and moisturize the skin for an all-day glow and fresh feeling.
Stick to this guide and avoid the harmful chemicals that fill drugstore body washes, that weren’t even designed with men’s skin in mind!
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus may appear to be an ingredient added for fragrance, but contrarily, it has many benefits for skin health. It's antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, making it excellent for cleansing and purifying the skin without over-stripping it of moisture. It has been used to treat eczema and rosacea for decades as well, making it safe and gentle on sensitive skin types. It also smells masculine and alluring, making any shower feel like a luxury spa.
- Horsetail: Horsetail is a plant extract with antioxidant and skin-smoothing properties. It helps wash away dead skin cells, making it excellent as a body wash ingredient. Its core ingredient is silica, which promotes the production of collagen, the vital protein in our skin. This makes it an essential anti-aging ingredient that helps keep the skin looking and feeling younger for longer.
- Chamomile: Chamomile is derived from the Matricaria Recutita plant species and holds antioxidant properties that soothe skin and protect from further free radical damage.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe is one of the most ancient plants used for skin healing. It’s most commonly known to treat sunburns and sun rashes caused by sun exposure. However, it’s also excellent for increasing collagen production, moisturizing the skin, fading dark spots, managing acne flare-ups, and soothing irritated or inflamed skin.
- Sea Kelp: Sea kelp is packed with antioxidants that benefit the skin’s ability to protect itself from harmful UV rays. It also helps fight off free radicals and environmental pollutants. It’s been known to promote the reduction of wrinkles, fine lines, and fortify skin elasticity as well.
How to Find the Best Body Wash for Men
You can try some of the body washes you find in big department stores, but that’s like playing Russian Roulette with your skin. For one, most body washes you find in local stores have been formulated for women’s skin, not men’s.
Disco’s body wash is specifically designed to work with the perfect pH balance of a man’s skin; that’s important in keeping it blemish-free and healthy.
Our products contain ingredients that help you keep your skin moisturized the way a man’s skin needs to be.
Disco’s Invigorating Body Wash is:
- Soothing for inflamed and irritated skin. Gentle, all-natural ingredients infuse moisture and nourishment into inflamed skin and help bring zen back to the complexion all over the body.
- Repairing for damaged, dried out, and breaking out skin. Say goodbye to body acne with the healing power of regenerative, hydrating ingredients.
- Protective of the skin barrier. You can rest easy knowing that this body wash is lining the skin barrier with powerful ingredients that will fight off sun damage, free radicals, and environmental pollutants from the skin throughout the day and night.
- Invigorating of the senses. Feel the compelling scent of eucalyptus as your bathroom turns into a luxury spa.
Why let Disco take care of your skin? We’re meticulous when it comes to our ingredients. Our products are plant-based, vegan, cruelty-free, and don’t contain parabens or sulfates. We take skincare (not ourselves) very seriously.
Your shower routine requires a solid body wash for men, and ours is compatible with every men’s skin type and ideal for daily use. Hope in the healthy skin arena with a grown man body wash like Disco.