The most important element of skincare is ensuring adequate protection against damaging sun rays. Whether that be from protective hats or clothing, everyone should be using sunscreen on their face and other parts of the body every single day.
If you’ve ever used a sun block from the drugstore that burns and stings, leaves a white cast, makes the skin oily or greasy, doesn’t work well, or leaves your skin irritated and red, you know why it’s important to find a sunscreen particular for the face. We’ll look at the best face sunscreens for men, and why it’s so important to apply SPF every morning.
Why Do I Need Sunscreen?
The skin can always be reached and harmed by UV rays – even inside through a window or on a cloudy day. This is why applying an SPF 30+ product every morning is essential. Furthermore, sun damage is the number one contributing factor to premature aging, wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots.
Furthermore, consistent, unprotected exposure to the sun can cause the skin to develop cancerous melanoma patches, leading to skin cancer. Applying a powerful sunblock and staying out of the sun on high UV days will ensure you protect your skin from skin cancer.
Why You Should Use a Face Sunscreen for Men
You need a sunscreen that is specifically formulated for the skin on the face. The drugstore sunscreens are not cutting it, dude. Those are loaded with chemicals and harmful ingredients that will do more harm than good for your skin.
In addition, dermatologists recommend using a mineral sun block for the face as opposed to a chemical sunscreen. The reason being is that mineral sunblocks are natural, physical sun repellents that deflect harmful rays before they can be absorbed by the skin. The ingredients zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are used in mineral sunblocks and are known not to cause skin irritation.
The 5 Best Ingredients for Face Sunscreen
These are the best ingredients to have in a face sunscreen. At Disco, we take all-natural ingredients very seriously, and these will ensure that your skin is being protected while avoiding skin irritation, redness, inflammation, and sunburns.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3, offering benefits to aging and blemish-prone skin. It helps to visibly improve the appearance of fine lines and dull-looking skin, while evening out skin tone. As an anti-inflammatory, it works well within sunscreens because it can soothe and prevent inflammation, redness, and rash that can occur from sun exposure.
- Tripeptide: Tripeptide is a form of amino acid peptide that works to penetrate deep into the skin’s dermal layer and stimulate collagen production. This is a powerful anti-aging ingredient as it helps firm skin, retain moisture, and strengthen collagen levels.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe is a plant extract with antioxidant moisturizing and healing properties. It helps to prevent damage to the skin caused by environmental pollutants. Aloe has been used for centuries as a natural wound salve for the skin and is excellent at healing sunburns, redness, and inflammation.
- Quercetin: Quercetin is a flavonoid antioxidant that fights free radicals and reduces inflammation. It is great within a face sunscreen as it helps skin cells protect themselves from damage caused by sun exposure and free radicals – both of which can occur while outside and exposed to environmental pollutants.
- Zinc Oxide: Zinc is a mineral your body needs to function healthfully. It’s safe and necessary for the body. Zinc Oxide also has a broad spectrum, which means it can deflect more UVA and UVB rays than titanium dioxide. Traditionally, zinc is much more gentle on the skin than titanium dioxide – the alternative sun repellent in mineral sun blocks.
Here at Disco, we know that sun protection is essential to keeping the skin youthful, vibrant, and clear. We knew that our face sunscreen had to knock it out of the park, as it is something we use every single day to ensure we are protecting our skin against signs of aging, sun damage, and even the risk of skin cancer.We formulated our Mineral Sun Block with SPF 30 with everyday and performance in mind. Zinc Oxide protects the skin from UV broad spectrum, while Tripeptide and Niacinamide provide nourishing and moisturizing factors to the skin. Use protection, gents.