Face Moisturizer Benefits for Men to Get Great Skin
Face Moisturizer Benefits for Men to Get Great Skin
Hey man, tired of all the matches swiping left on you? You know it’s not your fabulous personality or muscular physique, so maybe, just maybe, it’s that nasty, flaking skin.
Dude, your skin is a nightmare, and you owe it to yourself (and your matches) to clean it up. One of the best ways to get improved skin is by actually investing in it, and you can do that by using a face moisturizer.
The lotion sitting under your bathroom sink won’t cut it. Sorry man, the same stuff you use on your ass isn’t good enough for your face. Lucky for you, Disco has your sweet cheeks (the facial ones) covered.
We’ll talk about why you need a moisturizer, cover the benefits of using one, and explain how you can start using one to get great skin.
Why You Need a Moisturizer
First things first: every skin needs a moisturizer. Even if your skin is oily, you still need a moisturizer. In fact, the reason your skin is oily could be due to lack of moisture (trust us, it’s science).
When your skin is dry, your sebaceous glands (the glands that produce your skin’s natural moisture) basically hear an SOS call and begin producing even more sebum (skin oil) than they would normally. The result? Greasy, oily skin. Your reaction: never using a moisturizer because your skin is greasy. It’s a vicious cycle.
Skin that constantly feels dry is also in need of a moisturizer (and probably a few glasses of water). Dry skin needs deep down hydration that lasts all day, and you can only get that with a quality moisturizer, like the ones available from Disco.
Moisturizers also keep your skin from flaking and peeling and can help plump up fine lines and wrinkles that can make you look older than you are. Convinced? Cool. Let’s talk about what you can expect from using a moisturizer when you use the right one daily.
Why Moisturizers = Great Skin
Moisturizers are more than just lotion for your face. They have a wide range of ingredients to give you great skin and help you look youthful and sexy. Still don’t think a quality face moisturizer can do anything better for your skin than your regular body lotion?
Here’s what you can expect if you moisturize your skin daily.
Why is hydration so important for your skin? Your skin needs adequate hydration to carry out processes like cellular rejuvenation, collagen and elastin production, and overall skin restoration. Hydration is a basic need for every function in your body, but your skin gets hydration from the fluids you drink dead last.
You need hydration so that your skin’s cells can function properly and keep you looking smooth and drinking water alone won’t fix a dehydrated skin problem, you need a moisturizer that’s packed with moisturizing ingredients, emollients, and humectants. Here’s what all those words mean:
Moisturizing ingredients. Ingredients in a moisturizer provide, you guessed it, moisture. Most of the time, the moisture in your moisturizer will be water. It’s often the very first ingredient in good quality moisturizers.
You may also have oils in your moisturizer that act as lubricants and add moisture to your skin. Popular all-natural options include plant-based oils and extracts like coconut oil and macadamia nut oil. These oils usually provide additional benefits aside from moisturizing.
- Humectants. Humectants are what helps the moisturizing agents get soaked in by your skin. Humectants pull moisture into the skin and keep it there, inside the skin’s cells. Humectants can also pull moisture from the air into your skin, which is why moisturizers are effective at keeping skin hydrated for longer than just a few minutes.
- Emollients. Emollients don’t work to moisturize skin, they’re added to your moisturizers to condition the skin and keep it soft and supple. Emollients have the ability to fill in cracks and smooth over rough patches. Emollients are what keeps your skin soft and touchable.
Maybe you aren’t concerned with your complexion. Maybe you’ve never even thought about it. Maybe that’s why your dates aren’t texting you back.
Complexion refers to your skin tone and brightness. When your skin is healthy, your complexion looks bright, clear, and even. When your skin is unhealthy, your skin will look dull, lifeless, splotchy, and maybe even irritated.
Daily moisturizers contain ingredients, like vitamin C, that help keep your complexion bright and even-toned.
You need antioxidants just like your car needs antifreeze; for protection against external stressors.
Antioxidants are what protect your skin against free radicals. Don’t understand free radicals or what they do? That’s okay, here’s a little background (read: the only stuff you need to know).
- Free radicals are unbalanced molecules that come from sources like the sun, smoke, pollution, and even household cleaning supplies.
- Free radicals attack healthy skin cells and cause damage.
- Free radical damage makes your skin look older, causes it to lose elasticity, and causes fine lines and wrinkles.
How do you fight off free radicals? With antioxidants. Antioxidants work like shields for your cells. They protect your cells from free radicals and prevent them from causing damage.
You may only be 30, but we promise if you take care of your skin now, you’ll be thankful later. Using a daily moisturizer can help you avoid wrinkling up like a prune before your time. A great moisturizer will contain an all-natural anti-aging ingredient to help keep your skin firm and keep wrinkles away.
You can also use a daily moisturizer to help you keep your skin pumping collagen as it should. As you age, your skin’s collagen levels decrease. You need collagen to keep your skin firm and youthful.
Daily Face Moisturizer: How to Begin
Want to make sure you’re taking the best care of your skin as you possibly can? Then you have to use a moisturizer. Here’s how you can grab a great one and start taking better care of your skin today.
The Right Moisturizer
You need it, we’ve got it. Disco’s Hydrating Face Moisturizer contains everything you need to take care of your skin in hardly any time at all. Our moisturizer contains:
- Vitamin E. Free radical fighting, vitamin E also acts as an emollient helping to keep your skin both protected against free radical damage, and also to soften and smooth it.
- Macadamia Oil. Nature’s on wrinkle-busting oil. Macadamia nut oil not only moisturizes but fights wrinkles before they start.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C is another powerhouse antioxidant, but it is also known for keeping your complexion healthy and bright. Vitamin C is a known skin brightener that helps your skin look healthy and well-rested, even if you’re living off of ramen noodles and two hours of sleep.
You can use any moisturizer you want, but if you want one that contains every benefit that a moisturizer can offer, then Disco’s is the one you need.
How to Use It
Once you’ve got the right moisturizer you have to know how to use it correctly. The best way to use your moisturizer is as part of a complete skin care system.
Think you don’t have the time or energy for a “complete” skin care system? Think again. It’s super easy with the skin care line developed by a man, for men’s skin.
Cleanse. Remove the muck from your day with the flick of your wrist. Disco’s facial cleansing stick contains charcoal to dig deep and keep your pores super clean.
Cleansing your skin of excess dirt, oil, and funk helps prepare your face for your moisturizer.
- Exfoliate. Dive deeper and remove the layer of dead skin cells currently hanging out on your skin. Exfoliating your skin helps remove impurities and kick-start your collagen production. Disco’s exfoliating face scrub helps reveal new, younger skin and preps your face for your moisturizer.
- Moisturize. Once you cleanse and exfoliate, you’re ready to moisturize. Apply your moisturizer all over your face and gently rub it in with your fingertips. Disco’s moisturizer is lightweight and easily absorbed so you can moisturize your skin quickly and efficiently.
We know in terms of skincare, you’ve got options. Why trust Disco to take care of your skin? Unlike the products you’ll find at big box stores, Disco is formulated to help you keep your skin’s pH balance within the perfect range.
Our products are all vegan, sustainable, and designed for men’s skin, which is naturally thicker and tougher than women’s.
The bottom line: you need to moisturize your skin, but not with your roommate’s body lotion. Level up your skincare by using a proper facial moisturizer and you’ll see immediate benefits like increased hydration, smoother texture, and more right swipes.
Think your skin doesn’t need to be moisturized just because you’re a man? Your skin needs moisture, and we’ll tell you why you need a moisturizer and which ones you should use.
If you get bags under your eyes it can be frustrating to figure out what it means for your health. We can help you figure out what’s causing your bags, what it means, and give you some suggestions on how to get rid of them.