Hey you -- the one slathering body lotion all over your face -- put the bottle down.
Do you even know what’s inside that lotion? Chances are, if you picked it up at a big box store there’s a bunch of ingredients that are hard to read and don’t necessarily do your face any favors.
The fact is, the same stuff you slather on your ashy elbows isn’t good enough for your face.
It’s time to grow up your skin care routine, and if you don’t have a skin care routine, bro, you need one. Taking care of your skin is sexy, and it will benefit you in the long run.
Afraid it’s going to be a huge time and money commitment? It won’t. You’ll spend less on a great skin care routine than you did on drinks last night and the skin care will definitely come home with you.
The key to taking exceptional care of your skin is buying products that contain quality, intentional ingredients. It’s not enough to just buy products that say they’ll work; you want products you can trust to have top notch ingredients and provide actual benefit to your skin. Otherwise, why is the ingredient even in the product?
We’re here for you, man. Disco exists to provide high-quality skincare that’s specially formulated to work best with a man’s optimal pH balance. No more borrowing products from your girlfriend or your sister.
Disco is skincare by men, for men, with ingredients that matter.
Our ingredients are also nature-derived, so you don’t have to wonder what you’re using on your face. One ingredient you’ll find in our products we think you’ll love is macadamia nut oil. Trust us -- this stuff is like liquid gold for your skin.
We’ll tell you what macadamia nut oil is, how we add it to our products, what it can do for your skin, and how you can use it to get skin that’s softer, healthier, and better looking.
If the closest reference you have to macadamia nut oil is the round, white nut found in a canister of Planters, it’s cool. We were amazed when we started researching ingredients for our products, and macadamia nut oil is nut only all natural, it’s incredibly good for your skin.
Macadamia nut oil is like an all-in-one skincare system in one ingredient. It has the power to hydrate the skin, prevent early signs of aging and help reverse signs that are already there, and even soothe skin that is irritated or blemish prone.
Macadamia nut oil is usually cold-pressed. Cold-pressing simply means the oil is extracted by crushing the nuts (wince) instead of heating them to extract the oil. It also means that the oil that it is extracted is pure and hasn’t lost any of its chemical structure or benefit from cooking.
Once macadamia nut oil has been extracted, it can be purified and added to skincare products, and that’s when the magic starts to happen.
Benefits of Macadamia Nut Oil in Skin Care
Macadamia nut oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, fatty acids, and other great compounds that can protect your skin and feed it.
Here’s what a healthy dose of macadamia nut oil can give your skin:
- Silky smoothness. If you want skin that’s as smooth as Sam Smith’s voice, macadamia nut oil can get you there. And let’s be honest, you want smooth, touchable skin.
Macadamia nut oil contains oleic acid, which is excellent for keeping skin supple. In addition to oleic acid, there’s also a high content of other fatty acids in macadamia nut oil that work to soften your skin and keep it feeling comfortable; never dry and tight.
- Hydration. Your skin is essentially last in line when it comes to moisture. The water you’re drinking feeds every other part of your body before it ever goes to your skin. If you want incredibly hydrated skin, drinking an excessive amount of water just won’t work.
If you want hydrated, fully moisturized skin, you’re going to have to use a moisturizer (again, not the bottle of body lotion you apply everywhere else).
Macadamia nut oil is a great ingredient to moisturize your skin, because it contains everything your skin needs to keep hydrated and regulate its own natural moisture balance. It’s full of Vitamin E, which binds to water and holds it in your skin’s cells.
- Youthfulness. Already battling fine lines and wrinkles? Macadamia nut oil penetrates the skin deeply, and helps fight the signs of aging where they start: deep within your skin’s cells. The fatty acid content of macadamia nut oil makes it a virtual ace in the hole for the skin you’ll have ten years from now.
Even if you aren’t convinced you need anti-aging skincare yet, trust us. Future You will thank you for taking care of your skin now.
- Antioxidant goodness. Your skin cells need antioxidants to perform properly. Antioxidants help your skin cells fight off free radicals, which are molecules that latch onto your skin cells and cause them harm.
Free radicals come from ultraviolet sun rays, smoke, pollution, and even ingredients in your diet like sugar. Free radical damage results in skin that is dull, and older looking that it actually is.
Macadamia nut oil is packed with powerful antioxidants, but the best antioxidant it offers is called squalene. Squalene helps reduce your cell’s response to free radical stressors. Squalene occurs naturally in your body, but as you age, your squalene levels decline, and that’s when macadamia nut oil comes in clutch, delivering squalene to your cells and protecting your skin.
- Soothing. If you’ve got sensitive skin it can feel like no matter what you put on your face, it ends up red and irritated. Macadamia nut oil is full of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, which have powerful soothing properties.
Because macadamia nut oil contains a balanced ration of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, it’s an excellent product for even the most sensitive skin types. If you’ve got skin that is red, itchy, dry, flaky, or otherwise irritated, macadamia nut oil can help soothe and calm it to restore its natural balance.
If your skin is naturally on the oily side, macadamia nut oil is still a great option for you. Macadamia nut oil helps balance your skin’s own natural moisture so areas that are overproducing oil settle down.
How to Add Macadamia Nut Oil to Your Skincare Routine
If you’re thinking you need to hop on the first plane to Hawaii to harness the power of macadamia nut oil, you don’t, but hey, don’t let us stop you.
Adding macadamia nut oil is as simple as upping your skin care routine.
Don’t have a skincare routine? That’s ok, too. We’ll make it easy for you.
Our starter skin care set contains everything you need to take care of your skin and get the great benefits of macadamia nut oil without any fuss.
- Face cleanser stick. Our facial cleansing stick is the first step in getting skin that is healthier, and better looking. Use this stick to remove impurities and oil to help keep your pores clean.
- Exfoliating scrub. Use this once or twice a week to remove the natural buildup of dead skin cells on the surface of your skin. This build up can clog pores, create blemishes, and cause razor burn and bumps when you shave. If you need a little how-to on exfoliation, click here -- we’ve got you covered.
- Face moisturizer. Use this morning and night to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. Packed with all natural ingredients and macadamia nut oil, this moisturizer is great for all skin types and leaves your skin feeling comfortable all day.
This is the fastest, and easiest way to get the skin care benefits macadamia nut oil offers quickly and efficiently.
If you’re looking for other products that contain powerful ingredients, we’ve got your back there, too. Our products are easy to use, full of research-backed ingredients that actually work, and are always vegan and cruelty-free. We believe you should have a clear conscience… at least about your skincare.
We also make it incredibly easy to get the products you want without remembering to reorder. Our three-month subscription option allows you to sign up once and forget about it. When you run out of product, you’ll find another shipment has been delivered right to your front door.
A little commitment-phobic? We offer a one time purchase option for guys who want great skin but have cold feet.
Products with ingredients that work well are the best for including in your bathroom cabinet. Macadamia nut oil is an effective ingredient in skincare products because it hydrates, soothes, and fights signs of aging. You can get great results from macadamia nut oil by using a daily moisturizer that contains it, and -- what -- how convenient, ours happens to have it.